It’s hard to believe that it’s almost October already. I feel like September just flew by! In fact, the whole year feels like it’s gone by in a flash. One of my favourite things to do, is set up for a new month in my Bullet Journal. I’ve done a video on how I actually set up my spreads (below). But if you want detailed descriptions, keep reading 🙂
Tried and true, I love this monthly spread. It gives me the perfect balance between something that is aesthetically pleasing, and practical. The first column has “All Day” events, such as holiday’s, birthdays, pay days, etc. The second column is labeled “Personal” for things like date nights, coffee with friends, party’s, dinners, etc. Then I have a column for “Business” where I track all our business meetings, conferences and functions. I leave a little room farthest to the right for Notes & Goals where I can set my goals that I want to focus on that month.
Health & Fitness Tracker
Next I have my Health & Fitness Tracker. I have 6 columns as follows: Steps, Weight, Calories, +/- , Sleep, Workout. These are pretty straight forward. Calories is where I track how many calories I’ve eaten that day, and the +/- column is where I’ll put in whether or now I was over or under my calorie budget, and by how much. Sleep is a new column I’ve added, because I want to see if there’s any pattern between my sleep and my weight loss. The last column I track how many calories I’ve burned while working out. This could be swimming, walking, circuit training, yoga…anything that gets me moving and gets my heart rate up.
Monthly Habit Tracker
Now onto my monthly habit tracker. I LOVE this thing. I’ve used this for years now, and was heavily inspired by Kara @ Boho Berry. For October, I am tracking the following habits:
– Wake up at 6AM – getting up early helps me get a head start on my day
– AM Vitamins – I take a multitude of vitamins every morning and evening
– Silence – Generally a form a Meditation
– Visualize – I have a vision board on Pinterest I look at daily, to keep me focused on my goals
– Journal – Time for gratitude, reflection, or just to get my thoughts down on paper
– Affirmations – Statements that I say aloud daily to help focus my mind, and lift my spirits
– Workout/Walk – I want to make a daily effort to get moving, and get my heart rate up
– No Spend – A small habit that brings me closer to my daily goal of being Debt Free
– Blog Post – Helps me stay motivated to post regularly and consistently
– YouTube – I’m new to this whole YouTube thing, but I’d like to start making it a habit/routine
– Headache – I want to keep track of how frequent I’m getting these
– PM Vitamins – I take a multitude of vitamins every morning and evening
No Spend Tracker
This spread is pretty new, as I only just incorporated it in September. We have a lofty goal to be 100% debt free in the next 18 months. This is just one small daily habit that will help us get closer to that goal. Every day that I don’t spend any unbudgeted money, I shade in the day. If I did spend monty, I put a red X through that box, and write what I spend money on. At the end of the month, I go back and total how many days I didn’t spend any money. Ideally I’d like to have everyday be a no spend day, and this tracker helps me stay focused on that goal.
What I’m currently using
Prismacolor Premier Brush Pens